On behalf of the SPDK community I'm pleased to announce the release of SPDK 19.04!
This release contains the following new features:
- Compression bdev: Added "reduce" block compression scheme based on using SSDs
for storing compressed blocks of storage and persistent memory for metadata.
- Notification: Added the notify library that provides a high performance local event bus
between libraries. Example usage was added to bdev module, which reports notifications for
added and removed bdevs via RPC.
- NVMe: Opal support was added for scan, take ownership, revert TPer, and dumping device
info. The nvme_manage tool can be used to perform these operations.
- OCF: Added support for caching multiple bdevs using a single bdev as a cache.
- DIF pass-through in the NVMe-oF target: DIF setting of the allocated bdevs can be
exposed to the NVMe-oF initiator and data with DIF from the NVMe-oF initiator can be
passed through to the allocated bdevs.
- vhost: Added experimental support for running with the external, upstream rte_vhost
The full changelog for this release is available at:
This release contains 870 commits from 57 authors with over 34k lines of code changed.
We'd especially like to say thank you to all of our first time contributors:
Claire J. In
Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!