On behalf of the SPDK community I'm pleased to announce the release of SPDK 20.10!
This release contains the following new features:
- NVMe-oF Multipath: The NVMe-oF target now supports Asymmetric Namespace Access (ANA)
reporting to provide multipath to NVMe-oF initiator.
- NVMe ZNS: Zoned Namespace Command Set support has been added to NVMe driver. See
- iSCSI Redirection: The iSCSI target supports iSCSI login redirection feature to achieve
fault tolerance and load balancing particularly in scale out iSCSI target system.
- Interrupt mode: Added support for interrupt mode. It allows modules or libraries to
selectively register file descriptors that the spdk_thread can wait on. This feature is
considered experimental and enabled in a very small subset of SPDK libraries and modules.
- Scheduler and governor: Added thread scheduler and CPU frequency governor frameworks
used to rebalance load among CPU cores. This feature is considered experimental.
- Legacy configuration removed: SPDK applications and bdev modules no longer support
legacy INI style configuration. Only JSON-RPC configuration is supported, see
The full changelog for this release is available at:
This release contains 805 commits from 43 authors with over 47k lines of code changed.
We'd especially like to recognize all of our first time contributors:
Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!