On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 04:39:26PM -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
Changes since v7 :
- Make subsection helpers pfn based rather than physical-address based
(Oscar and Pavel)
- Make subsection bitmap definition scalable for different section and
sub-section sizes across architectures. As a result:
unsigned long map_active
...is converted to:
...and the helpers are renamed with a 'subsection' prefix. (Pavel)
- New in this version is a touch of arch/powerpc/include/asm/sparsemem.h
in "[PATCH v8 01/12] mm/sparsemem: Introduce struct mem_section_usage"
to define ARCH_SUBSECTION_SHIFT.
- Drop "mm/sparsemem: Introduce common definitions for the size and mask
of a section" in favor of Robin's "mm/memremap: Rename and consolidate
- Collect some more Reviewed-by tags. Patches that still lack review
tags: 1, 3, 9 - 12
are you planning to send V10 anytime soon?
After you addressed comments from Patch#9, the general implementation looks
fine to me and nothing sticked out from the other patches.
But I would rather wait to see v10 with the comments addressed before stamping
I am planning to fire my vmemmap patchset again , and I would like to re-base
it on top of this work, otherwise we will face many unnecessary collisions.