We are pleased to release the Intel GVT-g ISO which contains all the 2017-Q3 updates for
both KVMGT and XenGT. The setup guide is embedded in ISO, please refer to README file for
This update consists of:
- Kernel version upgraded to 4.12 from 4.11.
- Live migration feature preliminary supported.
- QoS feature preliminary supported.
- IOMMU feature supported.
- OVMF feature supported.
- VGPU reset feature optimization, with related issues be fixed.
- Supported server platforms: Intel(r) Xeon(r) E3_v4, E3_v5 and E3_v6 with Intel
Graphics processor, the E3_v6 is new supported platform.
- Supported client platforms: Intel(r) Core(tm) 5th generation (code name: Broadwell),
6th generation (code name: Skylake) and 7th generation (code name: Kabylake), the 7th
generation is new supported platform.
- Validated Guest OS: Windows7 32bit, Window7 64bit, Windows8.1 64bit, Windows10 64bit
- GVT-g only supports remote display not local display by this release.
- Remote protocol: only guest-side remoting protocol is supported, host-side remoting
connection like SPICE is working in progress. For example, user can use X11VNC for Guest
Linux VM or TightVNC for Guest Windows VM.
Refer to Q3'17 KVMGT and XenGT release notes for more details.
ISO download link:
Official GVT-g portal:
If you have any questions, please subscribe to join the mailing list:
Please subscribe to join the mailing list if you want to learn more about GVT-g project:
Please subscribe to join the mailing list if you want to contribute/review latest GVT-g
Note: The KVMGT and XenGT project should be considered a work in progress. As such it is
not a complete product nor should it be considered one. Extra care should be taken when
testing and configuring a system to use the KVMGT and XenGT project.
Tel: +86-21-6116 5390
MP: +86-1356 4367 024
GVT-g mailing list