We are pleased to release the Intel GVT-g ISO which contains all the 2017-Q2 updates for
both KVMGT and XenGT. The setup guide is embedded in ISO, please refer to README file for
This update consists of:
- GVT-g upgraded to new architecture which has been upstreamed from kernel 4.10.
- Supported server platforms: Intel(r) Xeon(r) E3_v4 and E3_v5 with Intel Graphics
- Supported client platforms: Intel(r) Core(tm) 5th generation (code name: Broadwell)
and 6th generation (code name: Skylake).
- Validated Guest OS: Windows7 32bit, Window7 64bit, Windows8.1 64bit, Windows10 64bit
- GVT-g only supports remote display not local display by this release.
- Remote protocol: only guest-side remoting protocol is supported, host-side remoting
connection like SPICE is working in progress. For example, user can use X11VNC for Guest
Linux VM or TightVNC for Guest Windows VM.
- QEMU version upgraded to 2.9 from 2.3 (There is no any specific code changes in QEMU
for KVMGT, so people could directly use upstream QEMU as an alternative).
- Xen version upgraded to 4.9 from 4.6.
- QEMU version upgraded to 2.9 from 2.3.
Refer to Q2'17 KVMGT and XenGT release notes for more details.
ISO download link:
Official GVT-g portal:
If you have any questions, please subscribe to join the mailing list:
Please subscribe to join the mailing list if you want to learn more about GVT-g project:
Please subscribe to join the mailing list if you want to contribute/review latest GVT-g
Note: The KVMGT and XenGT project should be considered a work in progress. As such it is
not a complete product nor should it be considered one. Extra care should be taken when
testing and configuring a system to use the KVMGT and XenGT project.
Tel: +86-21-6116 5390
MP: +86-1356 4367 024
GVT-g mailing list